My interest in dance is in the imaginative life of the dancer—and, in my view, EVERYONE is a dancer. My classes and workshops center around the individual's experience in this body that she/he/they are given. Locating oneself clearly in the moment of movement expression is the most liberating awakening I have ever experienced, and I strive to share that experience with others.
My dance classes and workshops aim to:
- Inspire each participant’s curiosity about herself or himself and the world
- Develop the participant’s ability to attend to sensation, distinguish different sensations, and differentiate between sensation and ideation
- Cultivate a practice of viewing oneself and others non-judgmentally
- Explore playfully and sensitively, alone, in partnership, or in groups
- Interact with multiple creative disciplines so that creativity flows
- Learn meaningfully, through experience, what are one’s tendencies and assumptions underlying everyday actions
- Grow each participant’s repertoire of choices, potential actions, and responses to challenging or changing circumstances
- Experience joy in movement
- Inspire the imagination
I am not currently teaching regular dance classes at the moment, but I often incorporate creative movement and creative process in my retreats, workshops, and special events.