GIVE ME MY FELDENKRAIS!
Don’t be deceived! The gentle movement and awareness practice of the Feldenkrais Method ® has powerfully impressive results in relieving jaw pain and the tenacious trouble we can get into at the intersection of the head, neck and jaws. We don’t always consider pain and tension in these areas as related, but a quick survey with your hands will clear up any confusion about this. Your jaws open and close just on either side of the place where your head balances at the top of your spine. Headache, neck pain, jaw locking, even some tooth and ear pain can be somewhat related. Argh!
In this short series of seated Awareness Through Movement ® lessons, you will do simple explorations that will encourage you to decrease tension in your mouth, tongue, neck and throat. You will also make gentle movements in your lower jaw and related parts that will create more ease and comfort in your whole self, while improving your breathing and other related functions of the mouth, head and neck.
Join me from the comfort of your own home or workplace for this unique series of online Feldenkrais classes:
- Movement explorations will take place seated in a chair—Anyone can do it!
- Classes will be 30-40 minutes
- All you need is an internet connection with a camera (Use a phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer)
- Need to miss a class? A recording of the lesson will be made available to you to use at your convenience
- Join us from anywhere in the world!
- Reap the benefits of improving ALL your movements as you improve the movements this sensitive area at the top of your spine
- Take a fun break from your work-week to care for yourself
June 7 – 28
9:00 a.m. Pacific Time / 12 noon Eastern time / 18:00 Europe time
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register by making your online payment:
· NEW! The same low rate is for EVERYONE!: $44 for four classes
2. After you have registered, you will receive an email with an invitation to join the first online class.
· For the best experience, download Zoom to your computer, phone or tablet ahead of time: https://zoom.us/support/download.
· You do not need to sign up for a Zoom account to join the class.
· You may be able to join the class through your web browser, and without downloading the Zoom app, but this is not guaranteed.
· Please choose a device with a web-camera, so that I may see you throughout the lesson.
· If no such camera is available, you may connect by audio-only through your device. Please note that I do not recommend this to students new to Feldenkrais. You will have a safer, more fulfilling experience if I can see you.
· It is not required that you have a microphone to join, but it may be more fulfilling for you to be able to join any conversation we may have time fore.
3. At 9:00 a.m. Friday morning, June 7, simply go to the invitation e-mail, and click on the link
(The fine print: The Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education is presented online for educational purposes only. The Method and all online lessons are not intended to be a substitute for professional help or medical treatment. Nothing in these online classes is intended to diagnose or treat any pathology or disease of any kind. The creator and teacher of the online classes cannot be held responsible for any injuries or discomfort that occur. Before doing any of the online movement lessons, consult your medical practitioner.)