Did you know that your shoulder blades have no skeletal attachment on your back? That your arms attach, via your collarbones, at the top of your breast bone, right under your throat—like a bird’s wings? If you moved your arms as freely as a bird spreads its wings, how would that affect the things you love to do? Would you breathe better, run lighter, or play your instruments with more finesse? Maybe you’d have an easier time getting dressed in the morning, carrying your groceries, or knitting-typing-hammering-sewing—all the things you do with our hands.
Join me from the comfort of your own home or workplace for this unique series of online Feldenkrais classes designed to help you spread your wings:
- Movement explorations will take place seated in a chair—Anyone can do it!
- Classes will be 30-40 minutes
- All you need is an internet connection with a camera (Use a phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer)
- Need to miss a class? A recording of the lesson will be made available to you to use at your convenience
- Join us from anywhere in the world!
- Reap the benefits of improving ALL your movements as you improve the movements of your arms
- Take a fun break from your work-week to care for yourself
April 19 – May 24
9:00 a.m. Pacific Time / 12 noon Eastern time / 18:00 Europe time
(Learn more about Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement classes.)
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register by making your online payment:
· Regular rate: $90 for six classes
· Discount rate for vets, seniors, students & working artists: $60 for six classes
· Drop-ins by permission
2. After you have registered, you will receive an email with an invitation to join the first online class.
· For the best experience, download Zoom to your computer, phone or tablet ahead of time: https://zoom.us/support/download.
· You do not need to sign up for a Zoom account to join the class.
· You may be able to join the class through your web browser, and without downloading the Zoom app, but this is not guaranteed.
· Please choose a device with a web-camera, so that I may see you throughout the lesson.
· If no such camera is available, you may connect by audio-only through your device. Please note that I do not recommend this to students new to Feldenkrais. You will have a safer, more fulfilling experience if I can see you.
· It is not required that you have a microphone to join, but it may be more fulfilling for you to be able to join any conversation we may have time fore.
3. At 9:00 a.m. Friday morning, April 19, simply go to the invitation e-mail, and click on the link
(The fine print: The Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education is presented online for educational purposes only. The Method and all online lessons are not intended to be a substitute for professional help or medical treatment. Nothing in these online classes is intended to diagnose or treat any pathology or disease of any kind. The creator and teacher of the online classes cannot be held responsible for any injuries or discomfort that occur. Before doing any of the online movement lessons, consult your medical practitioner.)